Image Credit: NASA
Artist’s concept of exoplanet HAT-P-7b.
Hubble’s millionth exposure is of the planet HAT-P-7b, a gas giant planet larger than Jupiter orbiting a star hotter than our sun. HAT-P-7b, also known as Kepler 2b, has been studied by NASA’s planet-hunting Kepler observatory after it was discovered by ground-based observations.
Digital art by Greg Bacon of the Space Telescope Science Institute.
- mahacinacara reblogged this from siryl
- siryl reblogged this from exoplanetsandbrowndwarfs and added:
- siryl likes this
- exoplanetsandbrowndwarfs reblogged this from aclearvoiceforscience
- eyelovepi likes this
- emily-slept-here reblogged this from almamagenta
- jonass7 reblogged this from aclearvoiceforscience
- almamagenta reblogged this from aclearvoiceforscience
- aclearvoiceforscience posted this